At uni, my first project was to create a 10x scaled replica of a small object. I chose to do a chicken foot. I’m still not sure if I am crazy or not for choosing something organic. You know how ridiculous it is to try and measure everything out, then sculpt it up exactly 10x? It’s nuts. Anyway, this bad boy is the result of 3 months of hard work, 15 combined kilograms of welded steel, chicken wire, mod roc, and wax, and a whole lot of blood, sweat, and tears. And burns.
This was a blast to make. It is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.
Anyway, thought I’d take it down to the city farm and give it a go with some real chickens.
Another joins the crew of monsters. But this time two is better than one! A two headed panther-like monster, one that is surely to leave a few marks.
Made with diabetic supplies.
Sneak peek of my newest DiaMonster. Stay tuned!
Part of a series of sculptures I did last year. The theme was movement in creature design, and almost all of them are sculpted out with Super Sculpey over wire armatures.
This was one of the first I did. Each scale is hand cut from CDs and hand placed overtop of a super sculpey body and a wire armature.
The Blind Brothers
Part of a series of sculptures I did last year. The theme was movement in creature design, and almost all of them are sculpted out with Super Sculpey over wire armatures. This one is one of my favourites. These two have such character!
mycatisanazispyandineedhelp asked: Your creations are wonderful. I like how you turn ordinary materials into something so awesome. Keep on the good work !
Thank you so so much! You’re very kind! I love doing this kind of stuff, and I hope to do more in the near future!
This was the first interpretation that I did. My little diabetes hedgehog. It’s an interpretation of what I think diabetes looks like. Little, terrifying monsters. Made completely out of diabetic supplies. Most of them used.